Contáctanos

Treatment of Human Papillomavirus or HPV

What is the human papillomavirus?

The human papillomavirus (HPV) implies a number of viruses comprised by more than 150 related types. Each HPV is assigned a number and are called accordingly as some types cause warts or papillomas, which are non-cancer tumors. Nevertheless, it is known that some types of HPV cause cancer, especially cervix cancer.
The papillomavirus is attracted by certain cells of the body and these cells are at the surface of the skin, as well as in the great majority of the wet surfaces of the skin.
Around 75% of the Human Papillomaviruses cause warts in the skin, often in arms, breast, hands and feet. These are common warts and not genital warts, and the other 25% are considered mucosal HPV, i.e., they adhere in wet surfaces that cover the body organs and cavities that are exposed to the outside (vagina, anus, etc.).

How is the Human Papillomavirus or HPV transmitted?

The HPV is transmitted by contact, there is no need for the fluids to be mixed, as happens with the human immunodeficiency virus.
The transmission of HPV by oral sex is not frequent as our mouth is much more resistant than it seems, it is used to live with thousands of infectious agents, so there may be transmission but it is much harder and, despite the infection, the virus is not developed but one must take care as the majority of transmissions arise during the sex plays made before the intercourse when people kiss and touch each other and place the condom until the moment of penetration, there is when the human papillomavirus is transmitted.
 
80% of the sexually active people are or will be infected with HPV since this is one of the most common viruses of the world; most of the people have it but is not aware of it as it is asymptomatic and the infection disappears by its own with no consequences, and in other cases, the virus remains latent and develops later, even years later.
 
Given the fact that there is no treatment to eradicate the virus, prevention is of outmost importance, and this is by means of vaccines and periodical gynecological controls.

tratamiento de virus de papiloma humano mexico dfWhich studies aid in detecting the HPV?

The basic screening methods for HPV are::

  • Pap test
  • Colposcopy

The definitive method for diagnosing the Human Papillomavirus is called PCR (Polymerase chain reaction).

The PCR study for detecting HPV is based on a molecular technique that allows the detection of DNA virus and its sensibility is close to 99%.
The PCR test shall be made by the specialized physician and does not cause pain during the collection. Visit us at Gynecological Center for the better study to detect the HPV in Ángeles Pedregal Hospital.

Which is the treatment for the Human Papillomavirus (HPV)?

The current treatments for the injuries caused by the Human Papillomavirus or HPV will depend on the age of the patient, the type of virus, the extent of the injury and the kind thereof. At Gynecological Center we offer you customized treatments for optimal results in the Treatment of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV in Mexico, D.F.

What the vaccine against HPV is?

The vaccine against the HPV is a way to protect both men and women from transmission. This vaccine may be applied as early as from the 13 to 26 years in women and from 13 to 21 years in men.
There are currently two brands of HPV vaccines. Ak for the more complete vaccine against the HPV, as it protects against the wart-producing types and against those of high risk that produce cancer.

Book an appointment now at Gynecological Center at Ángeles Pedregal Hospital and visit our Gynecologist.Book an appointment now at Gynecological Center at Ángeles Pedregal Hospital and visit our Gynecologist

How may the HPV be prevented?

The best way to prevent the transmission of HPV (Human papillomavirus) is through the barrier method, such as condom. Although the condom will not protect completely from an HPV transmission as there are many contact areas during sexual relations that the condom may not protect.
Another way to prevent the transmission of HPV is avoiding multiple sexual couples.

At Gynecological and Laparoscopic Surgery Center we have the best HPV diagnose and treatment packages in Mexico, D.F. Visit us at Ángeles Pedregal Hospital and put your life in the hands of real specialists.

Gynecological and Laparoscopic Surgery Center. Ángeles Pedregal Hospital

Camino a Santa Teresa #1055 617 Office, Ángeles Tower. Col. Heroes de Padierna. C.P. 10700, Magdalena Conteras,México D.F. 56522286 and 56522278

Gynecological Surgery